Nov 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
i noticed your app does not truncate spaces from the data in the fields. You know it is critical that all spaces to the left or right of the fields entered are properly truncated.
I took me a while to find out why my scripts keep erroring out.
My specific problem was with the DB fields, somehow a space landed behind a server name, and i ended up with an error telling me the DB was allready there when in fact the SQL was clean but it was because of the space behind the server.
Introduce a function to truncate spaces to the right and left of all fields and recheck that all of them are handled by this.
Also check how your application handles the writing on read only files it says it saved but it does not save over readonly files, or at least some fileds are not saved.
Another thing if you can get it as a criteria the the Search Admin Component is installed on the first machine in the farm as a condition. So the Hostname of that field has to be the hostname of the first machine going up in the farm.